ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Members are advised that the AGM of this Association will be held at 11am on Tuesday 28th July 2020 at the City of Sydney RSL & Community Club, George Street, Sydney.
In view of the current restrictions resulting from the Coronavirus Pandemic it is anticipated that the meeting will be held as normal however, if there is any doubt about the possibility of attending the meeting as a result of existing restrictions, please contact your Branch Secretary or the State Secretary (1300 581 713 or Email email@example.com)
Only FULL members are eligible for election to office and only FULL members are entitled to vote.
The Agenda will be –
- Opening and welcome by the President
- Recent deaths
- New member applications
- Minutes of the AGM held on 23 July 2019
- Business arising from those minutes
- President’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Notice/s of motion
- Election of officers for ensuing year
- Close of meeting
NOTICE/S OF MOTION
That in the next twelve months the State President and the State Secretary visit the Branches of the RFPA.
MOVED: Paul Biscoe SECONDED: Tony Dunn
Model Rules for the Association, state;
1. On any question arising at a general meeting of the Association a full member has one vote only.
2. All votes must be given personally or by proxy, but no member may hold more than 5 proxies.
3. In the case of a vote at any meeting, an equality of votes on a question at a general meeting, the chairperson of the meeting is entitled to exercise a second or casting vote.
4. A member or proxy is not entitled to vote at any general meeting of the Association unless all money due and payable by the member or proxy to the Association has been paid, other than the amount of the annual subscription payable in respect of the then current year.
33. APPOINTMENT OF PROXIES
1. Each member is entitled to appoint another member as proxy by notice given to the Secretary no later than 24 hours before the time of the meeting in respect of which the proxy is appointed.
2. The notice appointing the proxy is to be in the form set out in Appendix 2 to these rules.
(Proxy forms available from Secretary on request)
15. ELECTION OF MEMBERS
1. Nominations of candidates for election as office bearers of the Association or as ordinary members of the committee:
(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the Association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the Secretary of the Association at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
2. If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies are on the committee, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
3. If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining on the committee are taken to be casual vacancies.
4. If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.
5. If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
6. The ballot for the election of office bearers and ordinary members of the committee is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the committee may direct.
(Nomination forms are available from Secretary on request)